Sunday, October 26, 2008

the open window - start of a new adventure.

‘Awesome’ is not a word good enough to describe the proceedings of day 5 of my internship. Adventure, thrill, surprise, shock, triumph and everything else that I could think of was blended together in one great learning experience on the same day. I had my open window session today.

I reached office at 7:30 in the morning. I was to accompany the college (law school) drama team for an inter college competition conducted by the University of Bangalore. The entire prospect sounded really exciting. It was more challenging though. Not only did I have to accompany them, I also needed to provide them with the sound throughout the play. That was not the challenge though. It was just that I had never seen the play; I was new to the group and had never done this for any play before. We reached the venue well on time. After registration and completion of the formalities we found out that there still were a few hours for the play to begin. This gave me a chance to have a look at both the sound control room and a run through of the play. It gave me tremendous confidence. I knew that I could carry it off without many problems.

I prepared myself for the big task and as we stepped into the auditorium after lunch as scheduled, we all had our jaws wide open. I had never seen a better audience (sarcastically). We were in a state of sever shock. We could not have given up hope. We needed to silence their screams and whistles by our performance which we eventually did. It was a triumphant feeling after the play was completed smoothly. On our way back it started pouring cats and dogs and just about made it back completely drenched, couldn’t help the situation.
Now I realise that the open window was truly a great learning experience and an opportunity to look out of the box. This was my first such experience and I will be looking forward to many more.

Moment of the day – when I wanted to pat myself on the back as I was climbing up the office stairs in the evening all drenched in the rain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep up the 'gusto' Paarth!
Your blog is a pleasure to read - it just rolls off the mind; one can get so engrossed in what you are writing.
You make the reader feel as you feel, see as you see and do as you do.
See ya through your blog!
Loya Ma'am