Friday, March 13, 2009

The performance

3.00 pm in the afternoon we were all gathered again for the final step to the conclusion of the workshop. We all seemed to be pretty pumped about the next few hours of the day. The energies were pretty high and evident. We did a final run through of our proscenium piece, took all the props and moved to the assembly hall where we were supposed to be performing. We set up the space to our convenience and then did a quick visualisation. The crowd was gathering in the space outside the hall and very soon there were quite a few eager eyes waiting for the magic to unfold.

We started with the proscenium performance. It went decently all right but the ending was pretty sad which was unfortunately my solo-piece. There was group of about 5-6 people who just walked in during the performance, it was pretty distracting to be frank. Then we moved on to the playback half of the show. We started with a few random fluid sculptures of which I provided the music for two and acted in one. We moved on to the two very sweet stories. Both based on childhood and young children but I’m pretty sure we managed it pretty well. The music for the second story was highly appreciated which I and Akshay were providing. And then we moved to the conflicts which weren’t very much to our liking as we were being quite repetitive and had nothing new to offer even though we tried to. That I believe was the only disappointing part of the entire performance. We ended with a fabulous giant fluid which helped us end on a high note. But I truly believe I could have performed a lot better had the proscenium part of the show gone off smoothly.

But then my disappointment is just a mark of my hunger towards performing and performing well. This was not the last chance I had, very soon, in the second week of March we shall be performing again for an orphanage and now I’m looking forward to that.

No comments: