Friday, March 13, 2009

Help me Jesus(in blue jeans)

Coming back definitely has not been easy. After the whole Accenture thing happening so amazingly, I feel weird. Where are those huge office rooms, where are all the bored employees, where are the pre-performance nerves. Where is the half torn script, where are the run throughs.

After waiting for so long, I finally got to perform. It was a test of patience and persistence for me. But suddenly, when I’m back in this phase again, I feel scared, scared to wait. In want to keep performing.

Not very long back, someone had told me, that in this field of theatre, there can be tremendous amount of exposure at a given point in time and suddenly, there can be a glum phase, a period of a long wait. It is those dull times when you need to hold on and believe in yourself even when nothing much is happening around you. Should I say déjà vu?

Like I mentioned earlier, it certainly has been difficult but not impossible. I’m trying to hold on, trying to find something out of nothing and waiting for mid-Feb when I can finally be on stage again. I know that I’ve done it once before, for a much longer period of time and I can do it again. I’ve finished reading Jesus in Blue Jeans. I’m already half way through my next important assignment, 10 easy steps to a play, and vey soon I’ll start work on the short films. Sounds exciting, but the fact still is, I miss being on stage.

Right now the best I can do for myself is concentrate on the other stuff, not miss any more sessions, and wait for another High Performance, to be Delivered

No comments: