Thursday, May 14, 2009

countless new beginnings

so...today is the day. 14th of may 2009. i end my journey with script peoples theatre. i've turned film maker and a lot more...but there is a hollow feeling inside. a hollow feeling which is of not being able to be in the four colourful walls with even more coulourful people. its sad. but yes. i see a lot new beginnings and from here, i promise its gonna be one helluva ride. heres something to sign off with.




Internee Questionnaire


1. What are the changes you have observed in yourself post this internship?

Since the first day, I began this incredible journey, till today, almost eight months later, I seriously will miss out a lot of things when it comes to what all has changes in me. But definitely, each day has been an experience. But yes, when I have to give an account of what eminent changes I’ve noticed in myself, there are quite a few. First of all, through a major part of this experience, I have totally been in the company of people much elder to me, it may sound funny, but yes, I feel I’ve matured in my way of looking at situations in quite a few ways. There have been days of sheer laziness when there hasn’t been much to do. Here I think I owe a lot to theatre as I’ve learnt the virtue of patience. On the flip-side there have been days when there has been a lot to do; Days when I’ve spent over 15 hours here and every moment was a pleasure as the mind is always put to do something creative, something artistic. I need to admit, I’ve learnt to deal with tremendous workloads and pressure during these times. Something I didn’t expect to change so soon has also happened; I’ve lost a major bit of my bad temper which always got me into trouble. I don’t know how, but I know it has happened. I’ve learnt to take decisions. I know where I need to go from here.


2. What are aspects that you liked and which you particularly found helpful in this process?

The experience began with ‘Jesus in blue jeans’ which frankly speaking was not as enjoyable as the other bits but definitely ranks right on top when it comes to modules which I found helpful. It was a very practical book; it looked at life from all the different angles possible. It took time, but I believe a lot of it has slowly sunk into me. Project Accenture was by far the most fun and helpful of all the processes when it comes to both acting and life skills. I definitely felt a change in my acting, the way I reacted to situations and never felt intimidated by huge crowds/ audiences which I used to feel earlier. Travelled all around Bangalore and Delhi for the performances, it was an unbeatable experience. Though it was never a part of the internship schedule designed for me in the first place, it comfortably fell into place. Then began the two most amazing theatre workshops one can find. One of them being one of the most interactive and amazing form of theatre that one can come across. There was team building, oodles of creativity and amazing interactions through the sixty hours of each. Playback is something that I will not easily forget; easily the most amazing form of expression. Then began the work on the book and the film, I have to admit, these are two really difficult process, the planning which goes into either of them is tremendous. Without doubt, this was the most different part of the entire experience. Something which I had never experienced before. I loved the entire process. I could not learn more elsewhere. The film appreciation is another course which has been of great help. I now have a very different way of looking at films. There are minute things which I have begun noting, making my film watching experience a true delight.


3. What are aspects that you found were missing or need to be developed in this process?

It was a very wholesome experience, but the only part which I felt lacked a little was my experience on the stage. My proscenium experience. But I believe all the other experiences that I went through easily made up for the experience.


4. What did you feel was the level of faculty interaction? Was it adequate or not. Please discuss.

The best part about the process was the faculty. A great group to learn from in this field. A mix of experience, adventure, fun, serious work and some amazing insight into theatre. I thought this experience would have fallen flat had I not been with such people. Each one has a very different personality, a different way of looking at things, constantly providing something to learn from. The best part, I could talk to them about anything I felt like. Like I mentioned earlier, the age gap was there, but not once did I feel uncomfortable in their presence.


5. Your overall impression of the experience.

If I go on to describe my experience it would take me ages. But truly, I believe it was like a grooming school for me after my high school experience. Something which I believe is necessary for each and every student before entering college. I would say, this gain of one year for me is something which very few people get to experience. Since I have got such an opportunity and since I’ve enjoyed it as much as I could, the difference will definitely show in my future endeavours.

No comments: