Monday, April 20, 2009

Heee Haaa!!!

The past week has been an adventure of a different kind. Or should I say a dream. Truly, a week of sincere efforts, delight, temporary satisfaction, failure and how can I miss out the plan B which never existed. ‘Face off’, well that’s what we’re planning to name my first film, which we shot over the last week. It gave us pleasant surprises; even nightmares.

The week began with the final phase of planning, we were deciding on the cast, the final budget for the props etc. I invested some money and we created a face, about 250 sq feet in size, big, colourful and bright. It took us a couple of days to make it. By the end of that herculean task, we were more than content. It looked beautiful. Then came the real task, the casting, out of the 20 I’d decided on I just got eight actors. The next 9 were sheer luck. They were people who just unexpectedly turned up on the day of the shoot. It was amazing to see so many people actually turning up for my film, that too on such a short notice. We did the shoot; we couldn’t work according to plan as we were not given a few permissions. Made plan B, on the spot and went ahead with the shoot. It was amazing how at one moment I was feeling totally helpless and by the end of it overjoyed by the day’s outcome.

I would love to thank all the actors who’d taken out some time for my dream. Thanks guys. Love you all for the effort.

No comments: